Care of my movie newsletters from MovieExtras.ie 2012, test your random Irish Film Trivia here…
1) How many of the Asterix books made up the Irish-shot film Astérix and Obélix: God Save Britannia?
2) I am from Portlaoise, Co. Laois. I am the youngest of three children. American Beauty is one of my all time favourite movies. I have been in Song for a Raggy Boy, The Clinic and The Tudors but I am known better for other roles. Who am I?
3) Even though it was set in County Durham and filmed in Ireland, do you know where Alan Hunter originally set his books about Inspector George Gently?
4) “When your past is a lie… and your future is not your own” is the tagline for which movie?
5) In Which 1959 movie do we see Sean Connery singing?
6) Which Francis Ford Coppola children’s movie is partly about the splicing of tobacco with the mint plant so a town can grow menthol cigarettes?
7) The late Pete Postlewaite played Daniel Day Lewis’ Dad Giuseppe in In The Name Of the Father but in real life how many years separated them?
8) In which film did Gabriel Byrne speak this line “There’s no way they’d line five felons in the same room, no way.”
9) Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson were nominated at the Golden Globes for In Bruges, who won?
10) In The Guard Brendan Gleeson refers to “The Fat Man”, which classic movie and character is he talking about?
Here come the answers
Wait for it
1) Asterix In Britain and Asterix and the Normans.
2) Robert Sheehan
3) East Anglia
4) A Tiger’s Tale
5) Darby O’Gill and the Little People
6) Finian’s Rainbow
8) The Usual Suspects
9) Colin Farrell
10) “The Fat Man” refers to Sydney Greenstreet who played Signor Ferrari, opposite Humphrey Bogart, as a bar owning competitor in Casablanca